Recipe for Drinkable Chocolate (courtesy of www.TheNourishingGourmet.com)
· 1 ounce of high quality dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
· 1 cup of milk of choice (I used ½ cup each of water and full fat canned coconut milk), other options: almond milk, homemade coconut milk, or whole milk
· Toppings: Shaved chocolate and whipped cream
1. Heat milk until almost simmering.
2. Take off of the heat and added chopped chocolate. Let sit for three minutes
3. Put back on the warm burner, and whisk until very smooth and the chocolate is all melted (if it’s not hot enough to your taste, go ahead and turn the burner on low and reheat until it has reached desired temperature).
4. Top with coconut whipped cream and finely grated chocolate, if desired and enjoy